The following answers a lot of scooter FAQ, please give us a call or come down if you don't see the answer you are looking for here.
* All of the scooters we carry are battery powered and require no licence or insurance.
* They have the same rules on the road as a bicycle.
* This includes that you must wear a helmet and keep the pedals attached to the scooter.
* All scooters are governed at 32k an hour to remain legal.
* Some models will go faster for use on your private property.
* Typical range for one charge is 50k. Some models a bit more.
* Typical recharge time is 6 hours.
* The higher the voltage the stronger the scooter.
* A 72 Volt will climb hills and carry a passenger.
* A 48 Volt is best for flat surfaces and a single rider.
* Battery life is between 100 and 500 cycles (how many times you discharge and recharge) depending on the quality of batteries you choose.
* The cost of the batteries vary depending on the voltage of the scooter, (how many are in it) and the quality of the batteries you choose. This ranges from $200 to $500.
* The best way to treat the batteries is to recharge after each use, then unplug the charger, then switch off the main breaker under the seat.
* If the scooter isn't going to be used for a few weeks, then plug it back in after the few weeks, and recharge the batteries every few weeks while it is not being used.
The warranty is 6 months PARTS ONLY on the motor and the controller from the factory.
We do work on scooters and we have a minimum $50 service fee for any scooter brought in for diagnostic and/or repair. From there we will give you an estimate for any further repairs required before we do any work.